Black Shell Cordovan & Buttero Leather 4-Slot Vertical Card Wallet
- Exterior made from Japanese Shinki-Hikaku Shell Cordovan horse leather
- Interior made from natural vegetable tanned cow leather
- 4 credit card slots
- 2 hidden slots capable of holding folded notes
- Beveled and burnished edges
- Saddle stitching by hand for durability
- Ages and develops a patina over time
The outer piece of shell cordovan leather is available in 7 colors, please check out the last photo of the listing. The exterior of the wallet could be made in any shell cordovan colors shown in the photo. The interior would be made in natural vegetable tanned cow leather.
-7.5 cm x 10.5 cm (Closed)
About the leather:
Shell cordovan is an equine leather made from the fibrous flat muscle (or shell) beneath the hide on the rump of the horse. Since the shell's fibers are the densest among the hide, shell cordovan is known for its strength and flexibility.
Made from wonderfully tanned vegetable tanned cow leather. Vegetable tanning is a traditional way of tanning using tannic acids naturally found from plant species. The natural appearance before painted, has a slightly brownish tinge over a beige color, with a natural, woody and earthy smell. Due to the nature of the tannins, a unique patina will develop and "carmelize" over time.